Orford Primary is a vibrant village school, with big ambitions. The school serves Orford and the surrounding parishes of Gedgrave, Iken, Butley, Sudbourne and Chillesford. Every year we also take a number of children who live out of our catchment area.
• We believe our school can offer your child a fantastic education, in a safe, happy and nurturing environment.
• We work in partnership with Aldeburgh Primary School, with whom we share a head teacher. This agreement has helped us secure our future; savings in staff costs have been put straight back into improving the education we offer and maintaining staffing levels.
• As a Church school, we work in a caring and supportive Christian atmosphere. There is a strong community spirit both within the school and the wider school community.
• Children get individual attention because we have an excellent staff-to-pupil ratio.
• We have had consistently good results in national exams taken at the end of Year Two (Key Stage One) and SATS, taken at the end of Year Six (Key Stage Two), for the last three years.
• During the year, your child’s progress is closely monitored through our ‘pupil tracking system’. This helps teachers ensure children are working at the best level they can, and that no one falls behind.
• Our children leave us in Year Six well prepared to go on to our local secondary school – the highly regarded Farlingaye High School in Woodbridge, as well as to other schools in the area.
• At Orford, we are fortunate in having a dedicated teacher who works with SEN (Special Educational Needs) and Gifted and Talented children.
• We offer a broad and exciting curriculum. In addition to the core curriculum subjects we offer a wide range of visits and visitors, clubs for sports, crafts, music and creative writing, as well as gardening and cooking.
• We are the first school in the UK to work with the Jamie Oliver Foundation in its Kitchen Garden Project (recently rated Outstanding by OFSTED). This is where we teach all children, from Reception to Year Six, how to grow food and, in our teaching kitchen, how to cook it. They never need any help eating it!
If you want to find out more about our school, then please phone us on 01394 450281, or visit our website: orfordprimary.co.uk
We are always happy to show new children and parents around our school.